Friday 24 February 2012

Writers block...

We are suppose to post these weekly blogs in order to become "thought leaders" which is fantastic. But what happens when you really have nothing to say. I could do the oh so every done blog about my personal interests, where I want to be in the next 10 years or some cool ad. Let's be honest for 5 seconds, I don't want to read blogs like that so why would anyone else?

When I ask people around me how they come up with their ideas for posting they tell me to look at ads and analyze them, give my opinion. My opinion really doesn't matter to these corporations who create them. Unless of course I have a large enough blog following to influence people...which I don't.

I'm really not a blogger, I'm not a fan of writing my thoughts for the whole world to read. And I'm almost positive no one cares about what I have to say. Anyways, moving on I'm asking all 10 of my followers to please give me suggestions on what to blog about, that would be super!


Until next time,


Robin

3 comments:

  1. Great post, I see even with nothing to say you always have something to say! Also love the idea of asking for content ideas.

    What are you TRULY passionate about? Maybe blog about life of the graduate? About you? When people read blogs they want information and to relate to the writer. Make yourself a personality they want to talk to and hear from?

    Another option is read blogs and see what you are interested in reading? It would probably help you with what you can write about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic Robin, I was also suffering from writer's block today when I realized that there is whole world of interesting news pieces, ads and so on. But the truth is you need to find something that actually relates to you and draws interest. Try to think of what things you like then relate them to advertising or look in the news for interesting topics that relate to marketing as well. Overall great post Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, it seems as though I am in the same boat as you from time to time.
    I am also going to agree with Amanda, find something you are truly passionate about and write about that, or at the very least something you are interested.

    If something funny happens during your day, post about that?
    If a new song comes out you love, post it?
    Or if you catch something in the news that makes you think, you can always comment on it here.

    ReplyDelete