Friday 17 February 2012

Sponsorship in Bowling

Yep, another post about Bowling. It's funny but I never thought bowling to be the same kind of sport as other sports. Huh? You might say. Other sports traditionally sell areas on their jerseys, stadiums, ect. where companies can advertise. What made me think bowling wasn't the same, I don't have a clue.

I was watching some old bowling championships last night on Youtube from 2004 and let's use Pete Weber as one of the examples of what was on his Jersey. Storm bowling, Turbo, and Dexter just to name a few.  Also the boards around the center have advertising space to be bought. Some companies that have done it in this specific tournament are: Pepsi, Holiday Inn and various other bowling companies.

I'm not sure if any of these sponsorship opportunities are worth the money that they cost but I do know that it increases the awareness of their company within the bowling community.

No comments:

Post a Comment